The Village of Beecher’s Comprehensive Plan, Beecher 2040, has been formally adopted by the Village Board!
Thank you for providing your thoughts on specific issues and opportunities by sharing ideas! Read the Beecher 2040 Comprehensive Plan here!
The comprehensive planning process examined existing conditions, future goals, and needs as they relate to economic development and jobs, transportation and infrastructure, social and cultural vibrancy, and community cohesion. Recommendations for the future are be based on market data, detailed analysis, and driven by community input.
Timeline of Events:
- October 15th, 2019 | The Village Board adopted the Beecher 2040 Comprehensive Plan! Read more here!
- September 26th, 2019 | Plan Commission Meeting unanimously recommended adoption of the Beecher 2040 Comprehensive Plan at 7:00pm at Village Hall.
- April 29th, 2019 | Washington Township Intergovernmental Meeting at 7:00pm at Village Hall–reviewed the Draft Beecher 2040 Comprehensive Plan.
- April 18th, 2019 | Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting at 7:00pm at Village Hall. The Commission reviewed the Draft Beecher 2040 Comprehensive Plan.
- 26 de enero // January 26, 2019 | Residentes de Beecher conocieron más sobre Beecher 2040: el Plan Integral en el Encuentro Latinx. Hubo mucha conversación, ricos panes dulces, y un respiro del frio. ¡Gracias por haber asistido y compartido sus ideas para informar el plan! // Beecher residents learned more about Beecher 2040: the Comprehensive Plan at the Latinx Meet. There was lots of conversation, tasty sweet pastries, and respite from the cold. Thank you for attending and for sharing your ideas to inform the plan! // Haz clic aquí para ver resumen de las ideas // Read a summary of the ideas here.
- January 24, 2019 | A plan update was provided at the regular Beecher Planning & Zoning Commission meeting on January 24th at 7:00pm at Village Hall. Click here to see the presentation.
- December 19, 2018 | Beecher Jr. High Students participated in Beecher 2040 Focus Groups. 30 students talked about why they love Beecher and what they envision for their community in 2040! Check out their thoughts and ideas here!
- November 28, 2018 | The Village of Beecher hosted Phil Gwoke of Bridgeworks in a village-wide forum, “From Handshake to #Hashtag”. Mr. Gwoke spoke about connecting and communicating with other generations on November 28th, 7:00pm at Faith Church. Click here to learn more!
- October 25, 2018 | A plan update was provided at the regular Beecher Planning and Zoning Commission meeting on October 25th at 7:00 pm at Village Hall.
- September 22, 2018 | The Beecher 2040 Team attended the Senior Breakfast on September 22nd, 8:30am at the Cardinal Creek Golf Course to gather additional insights into ways to make Beecher an even better community for those in or nearing retirement. | Click here to view the Senior Breakfast Highlights!
- September 27, 2018 | A plan update was provided at the regular Beecher Planning and Zoning Commission meeting on September 27th at 7:00 pm at Village Hall.
- August 15, 2018 | Thanks to everyone who shared ideas at the Youth Commission on August 15th, 7pm, Village Hall!
- August 4, 2018 | Ideas were plentiful at the Summerfest pop-up booth! Thanks to all who shared.
- July 26, 2018 | Thanks to everyone who shared ideas at our 1st Community Workshop.