The Village Board approved the Beecher 2040 Comprehensive Plan at the Tuesday, October 15th, 2019 meeting. View the full adopted plan here!
It looks great….but what do I do with this plan?
What’s in the Plan?
The chapters discuss a number of topics — all of which are important — but if you have a particular interest, start with the chapter that fits best to learn about the situation in Beecher and the plan’s recommendations:
- Overview of past planning efforts in Beecher and demographic growth trends
- Creating the Vision
- Explanation of the planning process, including how the Beecher 2040 Plan was informed by a variety of leaders and stakeholders
- A Resilient Community
- Recommendations to increase Beecher’s ability to be resilient in the face of population changes, land use/development goals, and how intergovernmental cooperation plays a part in coordinated regional planning
- A Great Plan to Live
- Recommendations regarding housing needs and demand, attracting and retaining residents, aging in place, and maintaining community facilities
- Enhanced Parks + Recreation Opportunities
- Recommendations regarding improving parkland access, recreation options, and programming for all ages
- Convenient + Safe Mobility
- Recommendations regarding bike and pedestrian mobility and infrastructure, regional transportation connections, and truck + train nuisance mitigation
- A Revitalized Downtown
- Recommendations to enliven downtown, the Future Land Use Plan, and marketing and signage opportunities to help make Downtown Beecher a local and regional destination
- Expanded Job Opportunities + Tax Base
- Recommendations to expand employment opportunity, take advantage of industrial and commercial business demand, use development incentives, kick-start residential development demand
- A Sustainable Community
- Recommendations to improve waste management + increase diversion, expand use of alternative/renewable energy, improve water quality + reduce pollution, and Capital Improvements Plan goals
- Discussion about the plan as a living document, recommended development regulations, partnerships, resources, priorities, implementation guide
- Includes commonly used acronyms in the plan, marketing sheets, an alternative future land use vision, and the Existing Conditions Report